Break out the tissues...as the seasons change, so do our allergy symptoms. In the Spring, mold growth blooms indoors and outdoors with spring showers. As flowers, trees, weeds and grasses begin to blossom, allergies will follow. Spring cleaning can also stir up dust mites and other irritating substances.
Here are a few tips to help you combat your allergic reactions this season:
- Wash your bedding every week in hot water to help keep pollen under control.
- Wash your hair before going to bed, since pollen can accumulate in your hair.
- Wear an inexpensive painter's mask and gloves when cleaning, vacuuming or painting to limit dust and chemical inhalation and skin exposure.
- Vacuum twice a week.
- Limit the number of throw rugs in your home to reduce dust and mold.
- Change air conditioning and heating air filters often.
It never hurts to carry a pack of tissues...
Contact Carriage Trade Insurance to learn more about our Health Insurance options.