What is Auto Insurance?
What’s your ride of choice? Do you favor the practicality of a minivan or a neat hatchback? Or perhaps you prefer the style of a luxury sedan or an all-wheel drive SUV?
Whatever your vehicle, having auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident.
It is a contract between you and the insurance company – you agree to pay a premium and the insurance company agrees to cover your losses as defined in your policy. Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it’s time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
There are three types of coverage that your auto insurance provides:
- Property coverage, which pays for damage to (or theft of) your vehicle
- Liability coverage that covers your legal responsibilities to others (for bodily injury and/or property damage)
- Medical coverage that helps you pay for treatment of injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes even lost wages and funeral expenses
How We Can Help
Carriage Trade Insurance is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things we help you evaluate:
- How much you can afford to pay if you get in an accident (for instance, low premiums may require a higher deductible and higher repair costs)
- The insurance company’s level of service and ability to pay claims
- The discounts available to you (such as good driver/multiple policy/student discounts)
- The procedure for filing and settling a claim (know who to call and what happens after you file a claim)
Get Your Quote Today
We at Carriage Trade Insurance work with multiple A+ rated companies in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and California. Let’s get your insurance needs met at the best price points today!
Auto Insurance Quote Form