The average internet user has about 25 accounts to maintain. Despite the large number of accounts, those users only use an average of 6 different passwords to protect them. With identity theft and data breaches an ever-growing problem, it is important to not only have different passwords for each account, but to make those passwords easy to remember and hard for others to guess. Contact Carriage Trade Insurance to learn more about our Cyber Liability Insurance options.
Top 7 Passwords to Avoid at Your Small Business:
5. Business Address
6. Date of Birth
7. Simple dictionary words - Especially stay away from words that are related to your business.
To ensure the protection of your business and personal data you may also want to follow these guidelines:
1. Change your passwords every 90 days
2. Make your passwords are at least 8 characters long
3. Don't use the same password for each of your accounts
4. Use uppercase and lower case letters, along with special characters to make passwords difficult to guess
5. Don't use easily-recognizable names a passwords
6. Don't use your bank account numbers or credit cards numbers in passwords
Make your passwords easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
Contact Carriage Trade Insurance to learn more about our Cyber Liability Insurance options.