There are many types of insurance for nonprofits. Here are some common types of nonprofit insurance. Keep in mind this is a list of the different types. Because every nonprofit is different, we can help you determine which coverage best fits your needs.
- General liability insurance protects against injury and property damage to third parties. This can include visitors, customers, suppliers or associates. Employees are often covered separately by worker’s compensation.
- Property insurance protects your assets in the event of a fire, disaster or vandalism. These assets can include the building, fixtures, equipment, machinery, furniture, computers, inventory and supplies.
- Auto insurance covers injuries from an accident involving your staff or volunteers using any car, including their own, for nonprofit activities.
- Product liability insurance protects your nonprofit in the event of a lawsuit claiming your product is unsafe or defective.
- Directors and officers insurance protects the members of your board of directors and your officers in the event of a lawsuit alleging fraud or financial mismanagement.
- Professional liability insurance protects against claims of mismanagement and workplace incidents like discrimination or sexual harassment.
- Workers’ compensation compensates employees for medical expenses and lost wages after an on-the-job injury.
Thank you for your interest in Carriage Trade Insurance Agency, Inc. We work with multiple A+ rated companies in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and California. Please feel free to call our office at 516.358.5600 or email your questions and an insurance professional will reply promptly.