Commercial Auto Insurance
Does your organization own a fleet of vehicles? Whether it is to deliver goods, drive clients or members, or make house calls to customers, your vehicles need to be protected. We’re not talking about bulletproof glass or armored bodies (although that would help too). Commercial automobile insurance is your best option to financially protect your business from losses caused by vehicle damage or driver injury.
Why Buy Commercial Auto Insurance?
Commercial or business auto insurance is a type of insurance policy that protects vehicles like cars, trucks, and vans used for daily business operations. It covers your company in the event you or your employees are involved in an accident.
Carriage Trade Insurance Agency can help you select the right auto insurance plan for your company’s vehicles based on industry type and cost-effectiveness. We’ll also customize your insurance plan with only the essential add-ons required to match the unique needs of your business.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Include?
A typical commercial auto insurance policy offers:
- Liability Coverage: Commercial auto insurance can provide a wide range of coverage and protection. This protection extends to not just your vehicles but also to nearby property and valuables that may be impacted during an accident.
- Physical Damage and Collision Protection: After a crash, you may need to cover the costs of the damage caused to the damaged vehicles. Commercial auto insurance will reimburse the cost for damage repairs for policyholders regardless of who was at fault. Many policies even give an extra layer of protection by providing coverage to uninsured or underinsured motorists.
- Medical payment and lawsuit coverage: Should bodily harm occur to you or those involved in the accident, commercial auto insurance policies cover some of the medical expenses, lost wages, and even legal fees, should a lawsuit be brought against you.
- Comprehensive coverage: Apart from just accidents, commercial auto insurance can cover damages caused by incidents like fire, vandalism, or theft.
- Protection beyond personal auto insurance policies: Companies would have to pay for vehicle damages and personal injury from their own pockets without commercial auto coverage. Personal auto insurance policies do not give adequate protection when policyholders are driving for business purposes.
- Optional add-ons for more protection: Commercial auto insurance policies can be customized. Standard policy add-ons (or endorsements) include new vehicle replacement cost coverage, towing reimbursement, roadside assistance coverage, rental reimbursement, and gap coverage for auto loans or leases.
A commercial auto policy can also include coverage for cars you borrow or rent and coverage for employees who use their vehicles for your business.
Ready for a Quotation?
You do not need to own a large fleet of vehicles to have commercial auto coverage. Even a single car, van, truck, or similar vehicle used for business purposes must be covered. To learn more about commercial auto insurance policies and how they can help your business, contact an insurance professional at Carriage Trade Insurance today.