Having insurance is good. Having the right insurance for your nonprofit is better.
Nonprofits have specialized insurance needs.
Every nonprofit is unique. Whether you work with vulnerable populations, rely on volunteers, put on fundraising events, transport the elderly, employ social workers, or other activities, your insurance needs are very specific to your operations. Working with Carriage Trade Insurance Agency provides your nonprofit with teh tools and resources you need to make sure you are covered correctly.
Nonprofits need stable pricing.
The majority of nonprofits operate on small or restricted budgets. For most, a sudden spike in their premiums would be a financial hardship. Since our beginning—and the reason for our founding—the Nonprofit Insurance Alliance has been committed to stable pricing. Our members enjoy peace of mind, knowing they won’t be surprised by large and unexpected pricing swings.
- General liability insurance protects against injury and property damage to third parties. This can include visitors, customers, suppliers or associates. Employees are often covered separately by worker’s compensation.
- Property insurance protects your assets in the event of a fire, disaster or vandalism. These assets can include the building, fixtures, equipment, machinery, furniture, computers, inventory and supplies.
- Auto insurance covers injuries from an accident involving your staff or volunteers using any car, including their own, for nonprofit activities.
- Directors and officers insurance protects the members of your board of directors and your officers in the event of a lawsuit alleging fraud or financial mismanagement.
- Professional liability insurance protects against claims of mismanagement and workplace incidents like discrimination or sexual harassment.
- Workers’ compensation compensates employees for medical expenses and lost wages after an on-the-job injury.
Thank you for your interest in Carriage Trade Insurance Agency, Inc. We work with multiple A+ rated companies in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and California. Please feel free to call our office at 516.358.5600 or email your questions and an insurance professional will reply promptly.