As a supervisor in the woodworking industry, you need to make sure your employees are safe. This can be a difficult job when trying to maintain high outputs of production and quality. Make sure you know how to use the work equipment under your control, the risks involved, and precautions to take in the workplace. Carriage Trade Insurance Agency's experience in the wood manufacturing world cannot be matched . Contact us today.
- Are all of your machinists trained and authorized?
- Are all of your other workers properly trained for their work?
- Do any of your workers need direct supervision to ensure safety? If so, how much?
- Are the people you have chosen to do a job competent, reliable and experienced?
- Do you stop your workers from engaging in horseplay?
- Do you have a system to make sure the workplace is kept clean and the gangways and working places are kept clear? Does it work?
- Where should workers eat and drink, and where is eating and drinking not allowed?
- Do you make sure your workers wear suitable work clothes and footwear? What happens if they don’t?
- What do you do to educate your workers about the hazards in your workshop?
- Do workers do their jobs safely and correctly? How do you ensure this?
- Are the correct machinery safety procedures being followed?
- Do you inspect the machines and guards to make sure they are properly maintained?
- Are the safety devices provided in your workshop always used when required?
- Do workers report defects in machines or safety devices to you?
Having proper protocols prevents injuries and increases efficiency. Making sure your workers are properly trained and understand procedures is a top priority.
Contact Carriage Trade Insurance today to learn how we can help meet the unique needs of your woodworking business.