Nearly 35% of adults are obese. This increases the risks of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer. As a workplace, starting initiatives to promote nutrition and healthy habits can in turn increase employee productivity.
Encourage your employees to adopt healthy, well-balanced diets. Good nutrition can positively affect their performance through the following ways:
- Increased productivity
- Increased focus
- Reduced anxiety, stress, and depression
Here are some ways to start promoting wellness today:
1. Provide healthy, nutritious cafeteria and vending machine options. Choices could include nuts, fresh and dried fruits, water or tea, lean meats, and fewer frozen or microwaveable meals.
2. Offer fresh fruit and whole grain breakfast options. Avoid sugary treats such as donuts and toaster pastries. When employees skip breakfast their energy, productivity and focus is lower than usual.
3. Order healthier options for lunch meetings & company events.
4. Schedule a Nutrition Seminar where a dietitian educates your employees on the importance of a well-balanced diet.
A healthy diet can provide your employees with the energy and focus to be productive and efficient throughout the entire day.
Contact Carriage Trade Insurance to learn more about our Health Insurance and Business Insurance options.