School is ending, summer weather is coming, and everyone is getting ready to take off for their summer travels. Worried parents are sitting home thinking about their kids traveling without them, maybe for the first time. Before any trips make sure you review your insurance coverage and involve your kids in the process. Make sure they have all of the proper contact information with them in case they need to file a claim or receive assistance.
Keep these safety tips in mind while driving:
- Always carry your insurance ID card, title and registration in your vehicle
- If you get in an accident, call 911 first and then call your parents
- Do not allow other drivers to convince you not to file an insurance claim if you are in an accident
- Take pictures at the scene of the accident, including the vehicles and people involved
- Get a copy of the police report from the accident
Here are some considerations for health insurance:
- Keep your insurance ID card, a list of drug allergies, and a list of your medications with you at all times
- If you need urgent or emergency care, go to the ER immediately - have a friend or nurse contact your parents
- If you need medical care but it is not an emergency, contact your insurance company to find a local physician - after being treated, keep all of your paperwork from the hospital, doctor's office and/or pharmacy
- Write down the name of your treating physician in case you need follow-up care from your own doctor at home
Since your own health & automobile insurance will generally not be accepted out of the U.S., contact us to obtain coverage if you are going abroad.
Travel safely & know that Carriage Trade Insurance is only a call away.
Contact Carriage Trade Insurance to learn more about our Auto Insurance, Health Insurance and Travel Insurance options.