10 Tips for Trips on the Road
1. Run a Maintenance Check on your car to know if the engine and battery are working as it should. Here are a few things to check off:
- Air Filters
-Lights and Signals
2. Update your Emergency Vehicle Kit. For more information on what to add to your emergency kit. Click here!
3. Clean your car before the road trip, after the road trip and even during the road trip at the end of each day. The car can really become abused with paper towels and food. Take a bag just for garbage and clean up after yourself so everything doesn't pile up. A car wash before and after the trip is also a good idea.
4. Don't forget to carry cash with you. Sometimes going on a road trip will lead you into a remote place and they might not take credit cards. It's always a good idea to keep cash with you.
5. Make sure your contents aren't visible to others walking by your car. Keep your maps and GPS devices stored inside your glove compartment and the rest in your trunk. Make it less visible to others who walk by to see that you are on vacation becoming easy targets.
6. Don't rely solely on technology to guide you. What happens if you enter an area where there is no service? It is always safe to take a paper map with you.
7. Don't drive unrested. You always think you can make it one more hour or one more mile but when you start to get tired, you should STOP driving. Ask someone else to take over so you can rest.
8. Don't wait to get gas. You don't need an empty tank in order to get gas. Its better to get gas when you see a station just in case you don't run into one for awhile.
9. Remember to take the essentials with you
-First Aid Kit
10. When you've prepared yourself for everything on your trip, don't forget to have fun and enjoy yourself!
Contact Carriage Trade Insurance for information on our Insurances