Summer Time means vacation time!
After you plan your trip and buy your tickets make sure you secure your home before actually leaving your house.
Here are 3 steps you can do to your house in preparation for vacation.
1. Maintained a lived in home
Even if you decide to go on a vacation it is important to still make your house seem lived in so others don’t see it as an easy target.
- Stop paper delivery and ask your neighbor to take in your daily mail
- Hire someone to maintain your landscaping to keep your lawn trimmed
- Park your car inside garage
- Leave blinds slightly open
- Attach motion sensors to outdoor lights
2. Prepare the inside of your house
- Unplug almost all small electronics appliances
- Turn off the water valve
Contact Us if you would like your own Water Shut-Off Valve
-Add vinegar or chlorine into the toilet bowl to stop bacteria from growing
-Set your thermostat to match outside temperatures
- Lock your windows and the doors. Don't forget about your pet door!
3. Clean before you go
Even though you are excited to go on vacation, it feels better to come back home. Clean your house before you leave so you feel even better coming back home.
- Clean out the refrigerator by throwing away food that can expire while you are on vacation
-Clean out the pantry by doing the same to avoid pantry moths. Store flour into air-tight glass containers for easy visibility
-Clean the sink and run your dispenser with about a cup or water and vinegar
-Tidy up your house and put your household items away in their designated areas
-Don't forget to take out your trash
Contact Us for more information on Homeowners Insurance