April is recognized as Distracted Driving Awareness Month. Thousands die needlessly each year because people continue to use their cell phones while driving, handheld or hands-free. Join the National Safety Council this April in urging those you care about to:
- Stop using cell phones while driving
- Recognize that hands-free devices offer no safety benefit
- Understand the dangers of the cognitive distraction to the brain
- Inform people who call you while driving that you'd be happy to continue the conversation once they have reached their destination
- Tell others about the dangers of cell phone distracted driving
See the Department of Transportation’s series: Faces of Distracted Driving on YouTube.