As digital technology becomes more popular, the complications that arise with technology are more common. Jobs that involve looking at a computer screen may seem great but it’s not so great to your eyes. Be sure to rest your eyes often. Digital Eye Strain is even happening with children since they opt to watch T.V. indoors instead of engaging in outdoor activities. Some of the effects of digital eye strain is headaches, neck and back aches, dry eyes, irritability, short-attention span and more. Use these tips to reduce digital eye strain.
1. Check if your computer has options for warmer lights under the settings display menu instead of the default cool lights.
2. Take a break every 20 minutes to look away from the screen. This helps eyes to refocus.
3. Make sure the computer monitor and your phone is at least one arm’s length away at all times and the screens are dust-free and clean.
4. Increase the font size on screen so you are not squinting and remember to blink often since it’s easy to forget to. This can reduce dry eyes.
5. Attach glare-free filters to monitors and phone screens to reduce the glare.
6. Investing in computer glasses can help reduce the risk of digital eye strain. Computer glasses have filters that absorb the harmful blue lights that emits from digital screens before they reach your eye.
7. Be sure to have your eye exam taken every two years to make sure your eyes are healthy and safe.
Contact Carriage Trade Insurance to learn more about our Health Insurance