The National Sleep Foundation sponsors Sleep Awareness Week every March to educate Americans on the importance of sleep to their overall health and well-being.
Here are 5 Tips to help you sleep through the night!
1. Keep a regular schedule - try to go to bed and wake up at the same time each day. Even the weekends!
2. Exercise regularly! This helps your sleep quality and daytime energy level. But avoid vigorous workouts close to bedtime.
3. Avoid caffeine and nicotine three to four hours before going to bed. Also try to avoid Alcohol before bed, it can reduce the quality of sleep.
4. Eat nutritiously. Good eating habits can help you sleep better and feel energized all day. Avoid big meals right before going to bed. Snack on sleep inducing foods like bananas, almonds and drink chamomile tea or any caffeine free tea right before bedtime.
5. Keep track of good habits that help you fall asleep, like relaxing music or reading before bed. Repeat the activities that work for you every week. Keeping a schedule is important for your body!
The CDC has linked insufficient sleep to the development of chronic diseases and conditions, including diabetes, heart disease and depression. Use these tips in honor of Sleep Awareness Week (March 3-10) to better your life style.
Contact Carriage Trade Insurance to learn more about Health Insurance