Employing trustworthy, quality child care specialists is one of the most important responsibilities of an administrator or manager. Background checks are a fundamental part of ensuring this trustworthiness. While regulations vary from state to state, there are certain federal resources that can help educational facilities ensure the integrity of their teachers.
MANY JOB APPLICANTS HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD THAT WOULD COMPROMISE THEIR JOB PLACEMENT, YET THEY DO NOT DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION.
Advantages of Pre-Screening
- Discourages applicants from hiding a criminal background or falsifying their credentials
- Eliminates any uncertainties about applicants in the hiring process
- Demonstrates due diligence to hire applicants that do not pose a liability
- Encourages honesty while going through the hiring process
Taking Further Steps
Beyond screening applicants for basic criminal pasts, consider more verification measures:
- Identity verification
- Education verification
- Professional License verification
- Drug testing
It is your duty to hire qualified individuals to care for the children in your facility. Consider these verification options when hiring new employees.
Contact Carriage Trade Insurance to learn more about our Daycare Insurance and School Insurance options.